If you need a spine treatment, then you will need to do your research in order to find the right treatment that will work best for you and your particular condition. Spine treatments can be needed for a number of reasons including an injury or a diagnosis. You may also need a spine treatment due to a herniated or bulging disc. Another reason that you may need a spine treatment is due to pressure on a nerve that cannot be alleviated.
As there are many different causes for spine injuries or diagnoses, then there are also many different types of spine treatments. Listed here are the top spine treatments, such as spine surgery, that you can find for your spine. Of course, you will need to meet with the right spine expert, such as a neurosurgeon, neurologist or orthopedic specialist when trying to find the best solution for your spine.
- Conservative treatments.There are many different types of conservative treatments that you can try first. These can include analgesic agents, immobilization, cervical traction, physical therapy, and epidural steroid injections.
- Minimally invasive surgeries. If conservative treatments don’t work, then your doctor may want to try several different types of minimally invasive surgeries. These are surgeries that will require less recovery time then a more invasive one.
- Decompression. Another type of spine treatment that you can find for an injury is decompression. Certain decompression treatments include microdiscectomy, laminectomy, foraminotomy, among other ways to decompress nerves and alleviate or reduce pain.
- Artificial disc replacement. You may also need to have an artificial disc replacement as a form of treatment therapy. This means that you may need to have surgery in order to insert an artificial disc into your back.
- Dynamic stabilization.
- Lumbar fusion. Lumbar fusion is another type of spine treatment that you can expect to find with the right orthopedic or neurosurgeon.
- Kyphoplasty and vertebroplasty.
- Scoliosis correction. Another type of spine treatment is the correction of scoliosis. This is a type of treatment that works to correct any and all issues that you may be having with scoliosis.
- Spinal cord stimulation.
- SI joint fusion. Another type of fusion surgery is the SI joint fusion, which is another common type of spine treatment that may be needed after an injury.
As you can see, there are many different types of spine treatments that you can find for your spine or back injury. Of course, each type of treatment is specific to an injury or a particular problem with your back. If you have had a serious injury or are experiencing problems with your back, then you will need to see a neurosurgeon or a neurologist in order to get more answers as well as finding the right treatments for your needs.
There are many great options for neurosurgeons or neurologists out there but the best are in Boulder, Colorado. You can always reach out to the experts over at Boulder Neurosurgical and Spine Associates. They can review your case and problem and help you find the right solutions to your problems.